- Professional Certifications:
- NCRA FAPR - Fellow of the Academy of Professional Reporters
- NCRA Realtime Systems Administrator
- RDR - Registered Diplomat Reporter
- CLR - Certified Livenote Reporter
- CRC - Certified Realtime Captioner
- CSR - Alabama #1899
- CCR - Louisiana CCR #2015013
- CSR - Illinois #84.004827
- CSR - Mississippi #1899
- BS Degree (Education of the Deaf) University of Southern Mississippi
- AA Degree (ALS Interpreting) Spartanburg Community College
- Alan has 25 years of experience in realtime broadcast captioning and has covered
breaking news and world events on a national and local level since 1992.
- Presented various seminars and workshops for Alabama CRA, Mississippi CRA
- Past President of the Alabama Court Reporters Association.
- Past Member of the NCRA Captioning Community of Interest. Experienced in
providing CART services on site and remote.
- CART Experience: CART provider for DeafWay 2, SERID, SHHH, numerous local
and statewide governmental conferences. Captioning Experience: Many local
and national affiliates. ABC, CBS, NBC, The Weather Channel, Oxygen, and